Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mooched Mommy Idea #15: The Mommy Hat

As much as it pains me to admit it, my mommy-style is somewhat.....lacking.  Yes, my friends, sometimes the effort and  the glam is simply not there.

I recently discovered a way to jazz it up a bit when I ran into a college buddy and fellow domestic goddess at the park.  She looked adorable as I was slumming it in my ponytail and Velveeta-on-my-sweatpants look.  Her look was simple, really.  She took a super-cute hat and paired it with the classic jeans and t-shirt.  That's it- and she looked fab.


I immediately went to Ross and bought 3 hats. 

It works!  No matter what I'm wearing, a stylish hat and some red lipstick rocks the mom look even if my outfit is blah.  Or splattered with baby goo.

My idea is so popular, even Angelina Jolie had to copy me:

This is what I look like now.

Of course.
Some ideas:





Tah-dah! (I apologize to my male readers for completely wasting your time with this post.)

1 comment:

Ginger said...

A hat also buys you an extra day without washing. I only speak the truth here, even if it isn't pretty. A hat has been a part of my mommy gear for oh, about 7 years now. I have winter ones, summer ones. I just bought a vintage, Neiman Marcus mink pillbox style hat earlier this week. Well done young domestic goddess.