1. Boxed Wine. I keep a box of wine in the pantry so that I can have a glass in the evenings. Don't be snooty- they make very good boxed wine these days and it will save you from wasting a whole bottle when you just want a glass or two. My faves are California Black Box, Pepperwood Grove and Bota Box.
2. Party Music. I keep a fun playlist of music on my I-Pod for when I'm cleaning. It pumps me up, I get things done faster and it inevitably turns into a dance party for me and my son. Oh- and I try to listen to kid music as little as possible.
3. Synchronized Nap Time. It doesn't always happen, but I work all morning for it. Just an hour and a half to read, enjoy a cup of tea, call my sister or enjoy silence. Beautiful silence.
4. Mommy Exchange. I'm blessed to have always lived by amazing fellow stay-at-home-mommies. We trade baby-sitting once a week. My son gets to play with buddies, and I get to run errands without his helpful assistance.
5. Tony Horton's 10-Minute-Trainer. It's a hard workout- but it's short and that's all about this mommy is going to get of uninterrupted time. I exercise during my baby's morning nap, and my son knows to play independently or his hiney will be marched to his room.