Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Domestic Goddessing Sanity-Savers

Domestic goddessing can be a drag sometimes.  It can be mundane, crazy, fabulous and terrifying all in one day.  Here are my top 5 sanity savers:

1.  Boxed Wine.  I keep a box of wine in the pantry so that I can have a glass in the evenings.  Don't be snooty- they make very good boxed wine these days and it will save you from wasting a whole bottle when you just want  a glass or two.  My faves are California Black Box, Pepperwood Grove and Bota Box.

2.  Party Music.  I keep a fun playlist of music on my I-Pod for when I'm cleaning.  It pumps me up, I get things done faster and it inevitably turns into a dance party for me and my son.  Oh- and I try to listen to kid music as little as possible.

3.  Synchronized Nap Time.  It doesn't always happen, but I work all morning for it.  Just an hour and a half to read, enjoy a cup of tea, call my sister  or enjoy silence.  Beautiful silence.

4.  Mommy Exchange.  I'm blessed to have always lived by amazing fellow stay-at-home-mommies. We trade baby-sitting once a week.  My son gets to play with buddies, and I get to run errands without his helpful assistance. 

5.  Tony Horton's 10-Minute-Trainer.  It's a hard workout- but it's short and that's all about this mommy is going to get of uninterrupted time.  I exercise during my baby's morning nap, and my son knows to play independently or  his hiney will be marched to his room.


Mr. Helpful
    

4 comments:

TClayton said...

Which of your box wine choices is more fruity??

Becky B said...

I love me some Bota Box as well. Warning: It has a habit of sneaking up on me.

Simplyflourishing said...

i think the boxed wine idea is great :) and the 10 min trainer :) Also i loved the previous post-there's something to be said for being in a cozy space and I know I will miss this apartment when we finally upgrade :)

Unknown said...

It sounds like you have this mom thing down pat : )