Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Domestic Goddessing Sanity-Savers

Domestic goddessing can be a drag sometimes.  It can be mundane, crazy, fabulous and terrifying all in one day.  Here are my top 5 sanity savers:

1.  Boxed Wine.  I keep a box of wine in the pantry so that I can have a glass in the evenings.  Don't be snooty- they make very good boxed wine these days and it will save you from wasting a whole bottle when you just want  a glass or two.  My faves are California Black Box, Pepperwood Grove and Bota Box.

2.  Party Music.  I keep a fun playlist of music on my I-Pod for when I'm cleaning.  It pumps me up, I get things done faster and it inevitably turns into a dance party for me and my son.  Oh- and I try to listen to kid music as little as possible.

3.  Synchronized Nap Time.  It doesn't always happen, but I work all morning for it.  Just an hour and a half to read, enjoy a cup of tea, call my sister  or enjoy silence.  Beautiful silence.

4.  Mommy Exchange.  I'm blessed to have always lived by amazing fellow stay-at-home-mommies. We trade baby-sitting once a week.  My son gets to play with buddies, and I get to run errands without his helpful assistance. 

5.  Tony Horton's 10-Minute-Trainer.  It's a hard workout- but it's short and that's all about this mommy is going to get of uninterrupted time.  I exercise during my baby's morning nap, and my son knows to play independently or  his hiney will be marched to his room.

Mr. Helpful


TClayton said...

Which of your box wine choices is more fruity??

Becky B said...

I love me some Bota Box as well. Warning: It has a habit of sneaking up on me.

Simplyflourishing said...

i think the boxed wine idea is great :) and the 10 min trainer :) Also i loved the previous post-there's something to be said for being in a cozy space and I know I will miss this apartment when we finally upgrade :)

Life with Kaishon said...

It sounds like you have this mom thing down pat : )