What I've Learned in the First Year of Mommyhood: Part I
1. Stop reading so many parenting books, they'll make you crazy. My husband was going to revoke my library card at one point. That said, these are my only recommendations:
- Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Marc Weissbluth (the baby sleep BIBLE!)
- The Baby Book by Dr. William Sears
- The Healthiest Kid in the Neighborhood by Dr. William Sears
- Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron
- Baby Laughs by Jenny McCarthy (she's hilarious and I needed a laugh!)
3. Get over life never being the same.
4. You know those nice clothes you used to wear? Get yourself to Wal-Mart and be introduced to your new wardrobe for the next few years. Yeah, you know you look sexy in those Hanes t-shirts! Work it, baby!
5. Krispy Kreme has a drive-thru. Use it on those really bad days. Don't even be ashamed.
6. Things to register for: A Medela Breastpump, a video monitor, (it's not a waste of money if you're paranoid like me and check on your baby every 10 minutes..), a bottle warmer, and an easy stroller.
7. Get out of the house at least once every day. Fresh air is revitalizing.
8. Give your baby 1tsp of flax oil everyday after they're 6 months old and you will never have constipation drama again. Try to make sure your husband is on duty when that flax kicks in.
More to come, I have to get this all out before my friend has her first baby. It's like I have advice diarrhea!