Thursday, April 16, 2009

Happy Birthday, Love O'Mine

Like all good little church girls, I made "the future husband list" at church camp. Oh yes, I was quite passionate about my list. I thoughtfully added my requests as the single years trudged on. It was kind of like putting in an order at Sonic, only this involved the future love of my life:

*Tall
*A Preacher (anyone who knows me is laughing right now....stop that, it's rude)
*Good dancer
*Great kisser
*Will not make me iron (this is still very important to me)
*Will want 4 children (yeah, I can barely manage one)

And, I'd like some fries with that.

The list went on and on and on and on....but I'm too embarrassed to write it all down. I would hate for my dear readers to know that I actually wrote down how I would like him to dress. Who does that?

Well, I imagine the angels were laughing as I poured over my list, because it took my Texan about 5 minutes to obliterate the holy list and set my world ablaze. Apparently, he had no desire to ever be a preacher and have a truckload of kids. BUT, I have not ironed our entire marriage and I can report the kissing was better than what I ordered...

I am thrilled to be celebrating another year of his life!

Happy Birthday, Honey!

Love,
The Younger Woman

My cowboy in an authentic Texas ensemble:

No comments: