Saturday, January 24, 2009

My Vampire Romance

Catchy title, don't ya think?

I decided to boycott parenting books and try a love story. It filled my little wifely head with all kinds of nonsense like the perfect guy, who says the perfect thing, who's body is sculpted perfection, and with which the sex is always red-hot and uninterrupted by screaming kids.

2 weeks ago I would have rolled my eyes at such silliness. Then, my sister introduced me to Edward Cullen and the "Twilight" saga. I now stay up till 2 in the morning salivating over his romance with Bella and their tragic love story.

My husband thinks it's funny when I snap at him that "no, I can't cook right now, yes, I did remember to feed our son and PLEASE would you go find something to do so I can read, ect..."

So, I ask you, what woman could resist these words:

"I suppose you don't realize how utterly, heart-breakingly beautiful you are tonight?"

He kissed me tenderly, adoringly; I forgot the crowd, the place, the time, the reason....only remembering that he loved me, that he wanted me, that I was his.

I opened my eyes and found his open, too, staring at my face. It made no sense when he looked at me that way. Like I was the prize rather than the outrageously lucky winner.

See, impossible! This is why every woman in America right now is in love with Edward Cullen.

Yes, it's not a reality and it's similar to guys comparing us to hot supermodels and expecting us to measure up. Women resent that, and I totally get the hypocrisy.

But, really, who wouldn't love just a little vampire kiss??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those books!!! Freddy knows the husband neglect oh so well. After I completed the fourth book, he told me how much he missed talking to me :)

Anonymous said...

Word girl!!!!! I know, I get so wrapped up!!!!