Monday, May 11, 2009

Momisms

In honor of Mother's Day, I would like to post some of my Mom's favorite things to say to my sister and me:

1. "Listen and receive instruction!"

2. "You can get glad in the same shoes you got mad."

3. "How about I be the parent and you be the child?"

4. "Speak, beak!"

5. "Leave the room, I don't even want to see your face right now."

Of course, she said these things a lot and they ruined by life on a daily basis. As shocking as it may sound, I was a sensitive drama queen as a child....and teenager. I swore I would never say these things when I had kids.

Update: I have said all of them to my students and my son.

Shame.

Happy Mother's Day to my fun, spunky, fiercely loyal tigress of a Mom. I'd be lost without you.

3 comments:

chells said...

I say word. And Word.

Mum said...

And you forgot my favorite thing I said...."I loved you before I ever saw you." You are one of the best moms I know....and a GREAT tiger yourself....A Haley wouldn't be any other way....

Sarah Bessey said...

I now pledge to use #3. That one is awesome.