Monday, June 28, 2010

Staying At Home

My Canadian mommy friend wrote this about being a working mother. She likes to stir it up, that one. It made me think about my beliefs about "stay-at-home-mothering." Let's see, I think I lasted 6 months "at home" before I started climbing the walls and began my own business.

Frankly, everyone seems to have a strong opinion about stay-at-home vs. working mothers. I've been called a "breeder" by a little snot that thought her work-out routine was more important than children. I've been questioned by truly curious women that wonder if life will be over once motherhood enters their life, (totally fair.) I've also been told by a few that "a woman's place is in the home." Well, hallelujah...

I'm confused.

My philosophy: I don't want to miss my "momma season" with my son. But, I know I'll enjoy it more and do it better if my life is balanced. My big, deep philosophy: Balance. I don't think my world should ever revolve solely around kids. Nor do I believe it should revolve solely around career, money, church, fun, my husband, my family or myself.

How about a balance of all of them?

And....can't we all just get along?!?!

No comments: