Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Cale and the Little Lady in His Life

This is Cale and Emma:



They have been buds since they were simultaneously kicking the crap out of me and Carolyn in the womb. They both entered the world, prepared with their own ideas about things and a determination not to let us sleep for about a year. It's okay, though. If I was having a bad day, I found comfort that Carolyn was, too. It's a twisted mommy thing I can't explain. And, I have issues.

Now that they are toddlers, I see a fine friendship forming. Please note that I did not say "a great love story" as neither one will be dating until they are out of college.




I will say, however, that she has taken over a few of my roles. I wasn't jealous, I was kind of giddy the first time she dumped a bucket of water on his head and went to scrubbing:



Surprisingly, he just sat there nicely and let her wash his hair. He doesn't even show me that kind of respect. Wait a minute, maybe I am a little jealous.

It's also important to her that he play with the toy she deems appropriate at the time, eats what she's eating, drinks all of his milk and doesn't hold up the line:


*To be fair, it was her birthday and he was kind of slow.

Yesirree, this little lady makes him walk the line. And......his hair always smells fabulous after she's gone.



I think all guys need a little Emma in their lives...