Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Day with my New Cookbook:Part I

We were snowed in for 3 days. I eventually ran out of projects and had an idea:What if I got out my new Pioneer Woman Cooks cookbook and baked all day? True, it didn't go along with my healthy eating plan...but I personally believe that being cooped up with a toddler for 3 days deserved baked goods; it's only fair.

First, there was the blackberry cobbler:



It turned out okay; but my devil oven doesn't cook evenly. It tasted great with a side of vanilla ice cream, though!

Next, I tried orange muffins. Once again, quite tasty, but the devil oven made them stick to the well-greased muffin tin. I did my best to dislodge them, putting forth all my rage at my oven:


They turned out like this:



I mashed them up in a bowl and put a large scoop of ice cream on top to disguise my muffin-incompetence.

I should have stopped there, but I saw a recipe for an Iron Skillet Upside Down Cake. And that's when the real drama began....

No comments: