Thursday, May 20, 2010

On God and Toddlers

There are so many instances where I am teaching my toddler a lesson and I wonder, "Is this how I act towards God?" (It's sad that I can sometimes equate my behavior/actions with a toddler's; just keeping it real.)

For instance, this morning I heard my toddler exuding a considerable amount of effort in the other room trying to move a huge bin of toys. Naturally, I offered some assistance.

Him: I do it!

Me: Well, I'm stronger and I can lift this for you.

Him: No help! I do it!

Pant, groan, push, strain.....

I had to smile. It sounds like recent conversations I've had with God:

"I got this!"

"I'll pray if things go wrong!"

"It's under control!"

Pant, groan, push, strain.....

And, perhaps, He steps back and watches me...smiles...and loves me anyway.

3 comments:

Minters - The Other Side of the Story said...

I like that. Sounds like my life and kid.

Sarah Bessey said...

Isn't that the truth! I always imagine Jesus telling me "Calm your heart, Sarah..." now. Ha!

The Mills Gang said...

Love it! SO very true!